Not only do we offer counseling sessions, but we also do speaking engagements. Water’s Edge Counseling is passionate about educating others about mental health concerns in a world that can be difficult to navigate. We have offer lectures at local conferences and led weekend retreats. Our counselors have spoken in schools, churches, and retreat centers. We offer a variety of topics for these events, but many people request topics such as parent education, marital communication, teenage identity, and personal healing.
In addition to speaking, our counselors have also been published in the media. Water’s Edge Counseling advocates by speaking out about current mental health concerns and treatment options. In addition, Whitney Owens is working on a book for parents raising teenagers. A list of media appearances can be seen below:
Whitney Owens speaking with WSAV on “Social Distancing Best Practices” During the Coronavirus Pandemic. Full story HERE.
- Feeling Blue on a Rainy Day? You are not alone.
- How to Cope with Fear, Sadness after the Mass Shooting in Las Vegas
- The Skinnie Magazine. Raising Teenagers in a Changing World.
- YouthWorker Magazine. Five Warning Signs Teenage Depression
- Connect Savannah. Job One in College: Taking Care of Your Mental Health
- Elite Daily. How to Feel Confident at a Party When You’re Overwhelmed AF, According to Experts
- A Safe Place to Explore Your Struggles – Whitney Owens with Go Solo/Team Subkit