Date nights during COVID-19 can be a real challenge. Especially lately when it’s been colder than what we’re used to here in Savannah. But it’s important to your relationship to make time with your loved one a priority – and COVID or not, Waters Edge Counseling is here to help!
Obviously a date night favorite is a nice dinner out. But with the rising numbers in cases of coronavirus, going out to a restaurant can be daunting. We have put together a list of some GREAT locally owned venues that have outdoor seating AND heaters – we know how important that time is for a couple, and we want to help make it as safe and comfortable as possible.
A Few Local Favorites for Date Nights – Outdoor Seating & Heaters
- Cha Bella – Downtown Location
- The Collins Quarter – Downtown and Forsyth Park Locations
- Rocks on the River – Downtown
- Cotton & Rye – Thomas Square/Starland District
- The Vault – Thomas Square/Starland District
- Driftaway Cafe – Sandfly
- Local 11 Ten – Thomas Square/Starland District
- The Wyld – Waterfront/Southside (Closes at 5pm)
- Hitch – Downtown
Some Other Great Local Spots – a Little More Casual (but yes, with heaters!)
- Starland Yard – Thomas Square/Starland District
- B&D Burgers – Congress Street Location (Downtown), Pooler and Southside Locations
- Vinnie Van GoGo’s – Downtown
- Cohen’s Retreat – Southside
Our therapists understand that things are a little scary right now, but that doesn’t mean your relationship needs to suffer. We also realize this list is just a sampling of the MANY amazing Savannah restaurants that offer outdoor seating and probably heaters, too…but we picked some of our favorites. We hope you and your loved one will make time for a date night soon – and try one of the spots you’ve never been to before!
And if you don’t feel comfortable going out, make a fire in the fireplace or cozy up by your fire pit after the kids go to bed. You don’t have to go out to make a special night together.
If you are struggling in your relationship – or with anxiety, depression or any other mental health issues, please give us a call. We now have an easy Online Scheduling feature as well. We hope to hear from you soon – and have fun, stay safe and be warm!